Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 and Bastion

This one's from a game called Bastion. The game is awesome and its soundtrack is even better. A whole album-full of good pieces of music.

There are a couple of new things going on in my life. The most noteworthy is probably the fact that I got myself dental braces. I wasn't really happy with my teeth so now I have a chance to get them looking less weird. It is, in fact, pretty painful at first, but I'm kind of used to the constant headache now already. The washing is annoying as hell, but also livable.
Of course it's a whole new year now - 2012 - and happy new year then, I guess. Not much changed for me with the coming of this year. Only now I must remember to write the correct year whenever I'm writing the date on something. Beyond that, everything's the same.
School's really stressful and somewhat annoying. Got to do a lot of studying to get rid of all the debts that have accumulated. But I'll manage, since I have awesome friends who motivate me more than anything else does.

Now, since I'm a quite big gamer, I decided to talk about the games that I play and update you on my newest discoveries and emotions, and maybe do a bit of reviewing.
As you may have already figured out, I have recently had the pleasure of playing Bastion.
It's an action-adventure game. Its most noteworthy aspects are the storytelling, the soundtrack and the art design. The storytelling mechanic in this game is a brilliant idea. One of the side characters is the narrator. He comments on every move the main character makes, and it's both amusing and useful.
The narrator has this smooth southern US accent, which gives you this smooth bad-ass feeling. The art design is pretty cartoony, but the whole theme of the game and the style of the gameplay doesn't even hint in the slightest that the game is a kids' cartoon. Now the gameplay is fairly easy and very thrilling. The constant narrating gives you something to listen to when there are no enemies around, but when the fighting starts, then the real fun begins. The fighting is quite fast-paced and let's you choose your own style of combat. You can use guns or a huge hammer or a machete or maybe a bow, if you'd prefer that.

The weapons are customizable and you can pretty much adjust everything about your character to your own preference. The graphics aren't at all demanding so you can play it on even the most low-end PC's.
I think that's quite enough of games for one post.

I hope I'll be posting more often in the future, but until then - enjoy life.
O.

No comments:

Post a Comment